Monday, July 20, 2009

Jon's backpacking trip



Jon went backpacking in Yosemite with the Scouts. They wanted to hike Half Dome, so they made it a 4 day trip. This was his first actual backpacking trip, so I'm so glad he had a good time, (especially considering all the gear he got).



He didn't want to sleep in a bivi, so we made a tent. We invested so much time making it, I was sooo glad when we were finally finished. Even though I did all of the sewing, Jon helped me the whole time. He thinks this tent is great because it sleeps 2 and weighs just 2 lbs.

1 comment:

The Gray Family said...

we hiked Half Dome a couple years ago...wow what an experience. Something to say that you've done I think, but not sure I would ever do it again :>) I can't believe you made a tent..that is very crafty of you!