Thursday, January 1, 2009

Goodbye to '08!

2008 Was hands down the worst year ever for us. The year started out normal enough, I don't remember any of January or February, and then BAM!
Jon's unemployed. My mom comes down with cancer again and passes away. With the housing market crash, there goes our other plan for income. Jon's truck was stolen--another problem for getting income. Our newborn baby was stuck in NICU for a while. And so the year continues, challenge after challenge. Only two good things came out of 2008 and they are Ryan (my sister Lani's new husband) and Michael, and Sadie makes three.
I'm sure we're not the only ones that face such hard things...are we? We are so glad 2008 is over and we are hoping for better things in '09.

4 comments:

Ambrea said...

Oh Carly, my heart goes out to you guys! You are so strong and amazing for getting through all the trials of 2008. 2009 can only get better! Hang in there!

melissa gargalis said...

Carly I truly hope this year beats and even doubles or triples in being so much better than 2008 was for you guys. I can relate in some ways, but you still beat me out...Thanks for all your advice. Good luck with the little ones. Your baby is getting so big and cute. I can't believe how big Matthew and Emma look in your posts. But I can totally relate to the ovaltine experience, mine was loose make up powder all over their floor and my bathroom floor or hairspray all over Dylan's hair and face. Kids, how do they figure it all out? They know how to test us.

fijiangirl said...

One blessing that came out of all 2008 is that now you get to live closer to your coolest cousin ever! Ha ha. Seriously I know the year sucked but it can only get better and we love having you so close now.

Melissa said...

It was a rough year for you guys! I know that you have been so strong during these trials... I haope next year brings better things. We really miss you guys.