Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The good with the bad

Well, most of you know that Jon finally got a job. We are thrilled that he is working right now. Unfortunately it is in Stockton, so we've had to move.


Jon has been working up here for about a month now. Mathew and Emma really missed there Dad while he was away, so we came up over a week ago. My aunt and uncle have let us stay with them while looking for a house--they have been such a big help in this whole process.


We finally found a house and we are going to move this weekend. We really miss our ward and all of our friends there in Elsinore. The wards here are a lot smaller and the people are kind of different than in Southern California.

The hardest thing so far has been the sleepless nights. We haven't been able to lock Mathew in his room a bedtime/naptime. He also is constantly waking up Emma when he should be sleeping.

The kids are having a blast with their cousins up here Livai, Lia and Logan. They live right around the corner and Mathew asks to go for a walk so that he can go play with them.

We can't wait to get settled in our new place and see what life has in store for us up here.

8 comments:

Heather said...

We miss you already! So sad, but happy for you at the same time! We hope everything continues to go well and let us know when you come in town so we can get together!

melissa gargalis said...

You left too quickly. I feel so bad I missed your shower and didn't ever have a chance to really visit with you before you left. Yeah on the job and house! Such an answer to many prayers I'm sure. Keep in touch.-Melissa

Meagan said...

Good luck in Nor Cal! I grew up there and loved it, but yes the people are definitely a little different, hopefully they will be welcoming and you'll make some great new friends right away!! Good luck and we'll miss you guys!

Unknown said...

Hey (it's your fav cus)... I just heard you're moving. I can't believe you're moving to my hometown after I'm not there anymore. Oh well at least you got my fam real close. I'm sure the kids are so excited to have more cousins close by to play w/. Well I'll hope to see you more often, at least when I come home to visit. Miss you, love ya-- Emily

The Gray Family said...

glad you're getting settled in...good luck with everything!

Melissa said...

We miss you guys... come back and visit and keep in touch. I hope that your family settles in soon and life can get back to normal before the new addition.

fijiangirl said...

I know it isn't the same as SoCal but we love having you up here!

Kaylene said...

YEAH! Call me after you get settled in so we can get together. Do you need help with anything??